One of the things that makes me happy is healthy versions of comfort food. I’ve always had a strong intolerance to dairy and sugar sends me a bit loopy so until the appearance of this superfood era I was a bit stuck for desserts. I used to be the wierd kid who had orange juice on my cereal and dry toast.
The above recipe is too good to be true, but it’s true woohoo!!!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 peeled, chopped and frozen banana’s
- 6 ice cubes
- 2 medjool dates (optional)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- half a teaspoon xanthum gum
- peppermint essence ( 10-12 drops should be enough, otherwise add until minty enough for you)
- sprinkle cacao nibs or dark choc pieces
- natural green food colouring if you like the green minty colour (some people use spinach for this, but spinach in y ice cream was a bridge too far for me lol)
Literally all you do is pop all of the ingredients except the choc or cacao nibs in the blender and blend until smooth. If using nibs I tend to sprinkle the desired amount into the blender at the end and give it a quick whizz so the nibs are smaller but not too fine.
Pop it in the freezer and voile!
If you ever want a really easy ice cream recipe, just blend frozen banana’s. That’s it. It’s yummy! You can always blend in nut butter or cacao powder or chicory/coffee for a swirl of interest.